[Biojava-l] spam to biojava-l

Kalle Näslund kalle.naslund@genpat.uu.se
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:51:39 +0100

I agree that the spam is a serious annoyance, what about trying to use
SpamAssasin ? i dont
have much personal experience with it, by several of my friends swear by
it, and says it
works well.

SpamAssasin tries to analyse the text, and if it finds enough spam like
content, it flags the
mail as Spam, and removes it. The ammount of spam like findings needed
for a rejection
can be configured to ones liking. And in every day use, its very
uncommon that legimit
mails get filtered out as spam. But to avoid that little little chance,
an alternative is to
only run spamassasin on posts from people that havent registered to the
mailinglist.

SpamAssasin can be found at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamassassin/ and the requirements
arent that big, basicly you need perl and a few perl modules, and you
have all thatis needed
to run SpamAssasin+spamd.

I think atlest this approach is worth thingking of.

mvh Kalle