[Biojava-l] BioStore / BioIndex?

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
12 Nov 2002 10:11:38 +0000

[...]

    Matthew> One is legacy but knows that it is indexing
    Matthew> sequences. The other is actively supported by me and
    Matthew> conforms to the OBDA spec for flat file indexes but
    Matthew> doesn't know that it is indexing sequences. We should
    Matthew> phaze out IndexStore and make it trivial to use BioStore
    Matthew> to index sequences with a known type. The ongoing work
    Matthew> with SeqIOTools file format constants will be invaluable
    Matthew> here.

Ah, I see. I was looking for whether/how I should make the EMBL-CDROM
index access code fit in with the newer interfaces. I think we should
preserve its functionality as it provides direct access to flatfiles
indexed by EMBOSS.

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj@sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -