[Biojava-l] BioStore / BioIndex?

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:29:28 +0000

Keith James wrote:
> What's the difference between these two and when would you use one as
> opposed to the other? They seem to share code and both implement an
> interface called IndexStore... but these are two *different*
> interfaces both called IndexStore. I'm confused.
>
> ta,
>
> Keith

Hi,

One is legacy but knows that it is indexing sequences. The other is
actively supported by me and conforms to the OBDA spec for flat file
indexes but doesn't know that it is indexing sequences. We should phaze
out IndexStore and make it trivial to use BioStore to index sequences
with a known type. The ongoing work with SeqIOTools file format
constants will be invaluable here.

BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk