[Biojava-l] GAME Output

David Block dblock@gnf.org
Wed, 8 May 2002 16:11:45 -0700

Forgive me for a bioperl refugee, but it doesn't look like the
org.biojava.bio.seq.io.game classes do the output part.  Am I right?
Can biojava output GAME?

I'm looking at a quick system with stable URLs that takes data from a
BioSQL database (that Hilmar is putting together) and gives a GAME xml
representation of that BioEntry.

Then Apollo could use those urls as a remote data source without having
to do any soap.  This works within our intranet for proprietary data,
but the public data could be exposed - voila, bioSQL server.

Could I do this easily in Java, or should we just revert to perl (it is
Hilmar and I, after all)?

Thanks,
--
David Block          (858)812-1513