[Biojava-l] Re: [Bioperl-l] Re: SP-ML Draft released (fwd)

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:01:01 +0000

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 12:15:44PM -0500, Guoneng Zhong wrote:
> Hmm, I would like to write or rewrite existing java libraries pertinent
> to the SwissProt database.  How do I participate and what sort of
> cvs-kind of setup do I need?  Or maybe someone else already signed up
> for it???

Hey, that's great!

There hasn't been anything else send to the mailing list
about this, so I guess your claim is staked!  Are you
currently working with a CVS version of BioJava, or with
the 1.2 release?  In general, it's better to develop new
code against the CVS head than a release branch (although
right now, I don't think there have been any interface changes
at all since 1.2, so it doesn't actually make much difference).
There's information about CVS at:

   http://cvs.biojava.org/

Once you're ready to check something in, drop me a message
and I'll set you up with an account on the internal
(read/write) CVS server.

Good luck!

    Thomas.