[Biojava-l] SortedFeatureHolder (by location)

pootle monster pootle_monster@hotmail.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:30:50 +0000

What I am trying to do is go along the sequence and look at each feature in
turn, so I can collect/compare data for features next to each other

The problem is that I have >10000 features and the only way I can find the
next feature is by using a filter on all the features together
The features held in a FeatureHolder are stored in a List (which isnt sorted
by position) so I can not easily get the next in sequence order.

I could implement my own Sequence class which stores features in order - but
I am using an EMBL file to create the Sequence (as I want the data from
there too!)
You can not specify which Sequence Implementation the method
SeqIOTools.readEmbl(br) should use.

My only other way would be to implement a new type of LinkedListNodeFeature
with the methods
Feature getNextFeature()
Feature getPreviousFeature()
but that just seems ugly