[Biojava-l] adding toSequenceIterator method for Alignment

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:38:20 +0100

Hi.

Would this method return an iterator over each sequence in the
alignment? Sounds usefull to me. I have always taken an iterator over
the labels and fetched each sequence from the alignment by each of these
labels.

One issue - alignments are defined as being over symbol lists, not
sequences. Does this break things?

You can find all classes implementing Alignment by greping the source
tree for "implements Alignment" - I can only find
org.biojava.bio.symbol.SimpleAlignment, but I may have missed something.

Matthew