[Biojava-l] Virus in biojava email

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:40:20 +0000

 > So we basically have 2 options:
 >
 > (a) We investigate the possibility of anti-virus software at the
 > SMTP transport layer (b) Biojava-l goes from an open list to a
 > moderated list with volunteers handling the non-member posts
 >
 > Comments?

I think that regardless of moderation, we should be virus-scanning all
mail. Personaly, I get put off by moderated mailing lists so would
prefer to remain open. I'm sure that for every spam message that gets
posted by biojava there are a hundred that got filtered out.

Thanks Chris for sorting all of this out. You're a star.