[Biojava-l] build problems

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:29:05 +0000

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:18:02PM +1300, Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I have noticed some build problems. Seems to be a real problem as I have
> checked the source files and the methods really do exist but do not
> confomr to some of the class dependencies. Also I notice the getToken()
> method is being called (which I thought had been scrubbed). cvs update
> -d and new check out have the same problems as does the latest snapshot?
>
> I think the cvs tree has gone a bit wonky, although I notice that there
> is a binary snapshot so I'm assuming that Thomas can get things to
> build.

It's working for me -- I compile a new copy off my own source
tree pretty much daily, and when I did the snapshot release
I pulled a new tree from CVS and built from that -- which also
worked fine.

It definitely looks like you've got some old code in your
working copy.  Possible explanations include CVS throwing
a wobbly (not unheard of...), or some tags getting into your
working copy (which might also have been done by CVS without
you telling it).  Easiest way out of the situation is probably
to just pull a new working copy from CVS and start again.  But
if you're interested, you could try poking around at some of
the affected files with `cvs status`, and compare the results
with WebCVS.

Thinking back, I remember someone having very similar problems
a few months back -- also fixed by pulling a new working copy.
Let's just put it down the CVS flakiness, and look forward to
the day when we're ready to deploy Subversion instead.

   Thomas.