[Biojava-l] Re: [DAS] (no subject)

Tony Cox avc@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:51:36 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Thomas Down wrote:

+>On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:50:16PM -0500, Michael L. Heuer wrote:
+>>
+>> Thanks for the suggestion.
+>>
+>> I don't understand why, but upgrading to 4.0.1 did the trick.
+>
+>*sigh* me neither.
+>
+>Disturbingly, there seem to be several, different, bugs which only
+>appear with Tomcat 3.3.  In every case I've seen so far, the same
+>code has worked fine in both Tomcat 3.2.x (older version of the
+>same codebase), and in Tomcat 4 (different architecture, new codebase).
+>
+>I think the best thing to do may be to just write off the Tomcat 3.3
+>series -- there's something badly wrong there (possibly classloaders,
+>but who can tell?).
+>
+>I've been quite impressed by 4.0...

Thomas has already heard this from me ;) but has anybody tried RESIN yet? For me
it was an order of magnitude easier to install and set up than tomcat. A simple
configure,make, drop the dazzle webapp in the webapps dir and start it up from a
simple shell script. Took about 5 minutes. honest.

resin is from:

http://www.caucho.com/products/resin/

Tony

Tony Cox			Email:avc@sanger.ac.uk