[Biojava-l] Re: [DAS] (no subject)

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:21:55 +0000

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:50:16PM -0500, Michael L. Heuer wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I don't understand why, but upgrading to 4.0.1 did the trick.

*sigh* me neither.

Disturbingly, there seem to be several, different, bugs which only
appear with Tomcat 3.3.  In every case I've seen so far, the same
code has worked fine in both Tomcat 3.2.x (older version of the
same codebase), and in Tomcat 4 (different architecture, new codebase).

I think the best thing to do may be to just write off the Tomcat 3.3
series -- there's something badly wrong there (possibly classloaders,
but who can tell?).

I've been quite impressed by 4.0...

   Thomas.