[Biojava-l] Mass Search Results

William.Old@UCHSC.edu William.Old@UCHSC.edu
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:55:55 -0700

I agree with creating a new base interface to capture the common elements of
searches and extending it for the specific requirements of the searches.
Using a generalized method to return annotations for searches, results, and
hits is also a good idea. Even though each search algorithm returns similar
types of results, they can be very different, and over time the data types
returned will change.

What about an interface for the storage/retrieval of search results/hits in
a database schema? An example of using a database to store mass spec search
results was recently published in Proteomics: (Proteomics 2001, 1 ,
1489-1494).

Will