[Biojava-l] Trouble with parsing big Blast result raport

Petri Pehkonen pehkonen@hytti.uku.fi
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:56:54 +0200 (WET)

Hello,

When parsing Blast-result-raport with BlastLikeSAXParser and using
TutorialEx1Handler shown in demos in cvs.biojava.org as a contenthandler,
I get errormessage like this:
---------------------------
#
# An EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW exception has been detected in native code
outside the VM.
# Program counter=0x77e873a2
#

I got this only with big result-raports like 20MB. With smaller like 1MB
it goes through fine.

So after getting the error I emptied startElement(),
endElement() and findInStack() -methods, so that they don't include any
code and the result document is only handled through without putting
anything to any stack. Even after this I get the same errormessage. And
only with big Blast result files. So I think this error happens somewhere
deeper. Could you help me?

-Petri Pehkonen-