[Biojava-l] Anyone used GentleWare's Poseidon UML_CASE tool?

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:40:13 -0800

David Huen wrote:

> The software I am attempting to write is now getting beyond the stage
> where I can conveniently keep all key aspects in (my) memory and I am
> looking for affordable development tools to assist me in doing this.
>
> I've considered using UML but cheap tools capable of the full round-trip
> to/from Java seem difficult to find - I can't afford Rational Rose stuff.
> I came across the above product from Germany the price of which seems
> tolerable.  Has anyone tried it and does it work acceptably? Regrettably
> ArgoUML can't do the roundtrip yet.

ArgoUML in fact is dysfunctional in several aspects,
reverse-engineering
Java being one of them. I've used PoseidonUML and found it working
for everything I tried. Actually, there is a Community-Edition,
too,
which is free of charge (not Open Source though).

	-hilmar