[Biojava-l] Anyone used GentleWare's Poseidon UML_CASE tool?

David Huen David Huen <smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:39:50 +0000 (GMT)

The software I am attempting to write is now getting beyond the stage
where I can conveniently keep all key aspects in (my) memory and I am
looking for affordable development tools to assist me in doing this.

I've considered using UML but cheap tools capable of the full round-trip
to/from Java seem difficult to find - I can't afford Rational Rose stuff.
I came across the above product from Germany the price of which seems
tolerable.  Has anyone tried it and does it work acceptably? Regrettably
ArgoUML can't do the roundtrip yet.

Are there approaches rather than UML I ought to be considering instead?
Bear in mind that as my biojava efforts are self-funded, the costs have to
be kept low.

Thanks,
David Huen