[Biojava-l] Spelling in Documentation

Tony Watkins tony_watkins@ntlworld.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 21:24:43 +0000

Hi.

Just some simple errors that I think may be spelling related.  Apologies
for it being this shallow, but I don't know anything about bioinformatics -
period.  However - I hope these observations prove a little useful.

Documentation -

Overview.

(original)
"Hopefuly, as the project matures, each of these areas will be fleshed out.
Also, hopefuly we will develop code for:"

(suggested correction)
*Hopefully*, ... Also, *hopefully* we will ...

Javadoc - package org.biojava.bio.dist

Description for DistributionTools appears not to follow the format of other
class summaries.

(original)
"Title: DistributionTools.java Description: A static class to hold static
methods for calculations and maniputlations using Distributions."

(suggested correction)
... and *manipulations* using Distributions.

package - org.biojava.bio.dp

class statepath

(original)
Extends the Alignment interface so that it is explicitly used to represent
a state path through an HMM, and the associated emitted sequence and
likelyhoods.

(suggested correction)
Extends the Alignment interface so that it is explicitly used to represent
a state path through an HMM, and the associated emitted sequence and
*likelihoods*.

class BaumWelchTrainer

(original)
Train a hidden markov model using maximum likelyhood.

(suggested correction)
Train a hidden markov model using maximum *likelihood*.

class WMAsMM

(original)
Wraps a weight matrix up so that it appears to be a very simple hmm.

(suggested correction)
Wraps a weight matrix up so that it appears to be a very simple HMM.

That's all for now...