[Biojava-l] taxanomical API

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:40:56 +1300

 Hi -

 I had some prior experiences with the NCBI taxonomy database. If the
EMBL one is pretty much the same then it would strongly get my vote

 Mark Schreiber
 Bioinformatics
 AgResearch Invermay
 PO Box 50034
 Mosgiel
 New Zealand

 PH: +64 3 489 9175

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Pocock [mailto:matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, 5 February 2002 2:42 a.m.
To: biojava-l@biojava.org
Subject: [Biojava-l] taxanomical API

Hi.

Does anybody have any strong opinions about taxanomic data in BioJava? I

was going to pop in a new package org.biojava.bio.taxa with interfaces &

in-memory implementations of taxonomies. The aim is that this should
play well with the ebi taxonomy database (and by extention the taxonomy
stuff in embl & swissprot files). This will not be merged into the 1.2
release untill/unless it gets very stable very quickly.

All views greatfully accepted. If this code already exists out there
somewhere, I would be more than happy to take a copy & BioJava'ise it &
check it in.

I've attached my simple/stupid taxa interface.

sender immediately.