[Biojava-l] Re: This tangled web on which I'm laid intwined

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:39:34 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Tony Obermeit wrote:

> I'm interested in SequenceDB and a port to MS-Access and Oracle, I've got
> years of Oracle experience and am happy to review what would be necessary
> to get it working in either of those environments.  I was not able to
> download the draft document at
> http://www.technophage.com/open-bio-database.pdf  The document was
> blank.  At the moment I'm new to BioJava and have only just joined the
> list.  Do I need to join any other area of BioJava to access the cvs
> SequenceDB code?

The whole of the Biojava code can downloaded from CVS - details are
available on the web site: http://www.biojava.org.  SequenceDB is just an
interface with various concrete implementations.

It appears you are already aware of biosql but their website is not there
yet.  I would have thought you could make a very significant contribution
in that area with your background.  Thomas Down could fill you in on what
was decided at Tucson as he was there and what biojava has committed to
delivering on the SQL front.

Regards,
David Huen