[Biojava-l] GO web service

Patrick McConnell MCCon012@mc.duke.edu
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:14:18 -0400

>WooHa!  I think I learned my lesson from the last go round like Ewan.  I'm
>not touching this with a ten foot pole.

Could you explain a bit about why so that we can get an idea about what we
are getting into?  I'd hate to start down a path that led nowhere.

Thanks : - )

-Patrick

"Dickson, Mike" <mdickson@netgenics.com> on 08/30/2002 04:10:32 PM

To:    "'Patrick McConnell'" <MCCon012@mc.duke.edu>, Simon Brocklehurst
       <simon.brocklehurst@cambridgeantibody.com>
cc:    Ewan Birney <birney@ebi.ac.uk>, Brian Gilman
       <gilmanb@genome.wi.mit.edu>, biojava-l@biojava.org

Subject:    RE: [Biojava-l] GO web service

WooHa!  I think I learned my lesson from the last go round like Ewan.  I'm
not touching this with a ten foot pole.

BTW, I have experience building commercial systems with both CORBA and Web
Services.  I will simply say that arguing about protocols is a waste of
time.  They're both just tools.

Mike