[Biojava-l] BioJava discussion board

Yasumasa Shigemoto yshigemo@genes.nig.ac.jp
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:50:29 +0900

> I am quite happy to see web services being applied.

Do you know the other web services for biology?
We receive Web services of other sites and open the WSDL.

> Do you plan to expand your services to return structured data instead of
> simple strings?  That is were some of the real power of WSDL and web
> services comes in.

I'm trying SOAP Attachment and InputStream.
As you know, SOAP applies XML technology at back end,
and SOAP client do parsing XML.
It is burden to do a large result for the client, then I think
SOAP Attachment is better for this problem.

And simple string is burden for the memory of the
server and client, I think InputStream is useful.

Further more I think BioJava object is more useful
for the SOAP result but I don't plan to do so.

Do you have any idea or suggestion?

Yasumasa Shigemoto