[Biojava-l] BioInformatics toolbox.

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:41:07 +0100

Hi Mark,

The org.biojava.bio.program.tagvalue package would also be very
ameanable to graphical manipulation. Some of the classes would need
beanifying (add no-arg constructors, and expose some fields as
properties). Once that is done, you should be able to drag-and-drop file
parsers together - imagine clicking a custom embl parser together
visually, testing it on a few embl files, altering it visually, clicking
on a bean and entering a bean shell statement as a custom call-back,
running it again and then once working, connect it to a BioIndex object
to build your customized EMBL indexes and cross-references, or feed it
to the sequence gui package for display, or piping the results out as
SQL statements. Makes me warm and tingley all over. I added some
documentation to tagvalue today, so it may now make a bit more sence to
the uninitiated.

Matthew