[Biojava-l] LayeredRenderer clipping bug

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
17 Sep 2001 09:38:24 +0100

[...]

    Thomas> I'd actually be more inclined to suspect that it's the
    Thomas> Symbol and FeatureBlock renderers which are being
    Thomas> over-zealous about clipping -- at a quick inspection,
    Thomas> LayeredRenderer just seems to preserve the same width of
    Thomas> clip which it inherits.  Or have you tried using
    Thomas> SymbolSequenceRenderer both inside a LayeredRenderer and
    Thomas> on its own?

On closer inspection I think you are right. LayeredRenderer *should*
be clipping correctly based on the information it's getting from its
SequenceRenderer(s), but Symbol and FeatureBlock renderers appear to
be passing it coordinates which are slightly off.

When the scale is changed, the amount of error seems to change very
slightly, which points to something in sequenceToGraphics(), yet that
all looks okay to me. A fudged solution is to set minumumTrailer of
the SequenceRenderer to a small number, such as 20.0, but I'll keep
looking.

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA