[Biojava-l] LayeredRenderer clipping bug

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
14 Sep 2001 16:05:53 +0100

[...]

    >> If I fudge in an extra few pixels of width here, then the
    >> missing stuff reappears.

    Thomas> I'd actually be more inclined to suspect that it's the
    Thomas> Symbol and FeatureBlock renderers which are being
    Thomas> over-zealous about clipping -- at a quick inspection,
    Thomas> LayeredRenderer just seems to preserve the same width of
    Thomas> clip which it inherits.  Or have you tried using
    Thomas> SymbolSequenceRenderer both inside a LayeredRenderer and
    Thomas> on its own?

It calculates a new Rectangle2D independently of everything else and
clips to that, but I don't know why. If you use a MultiLineRenderer
everything passes through a LayeredRenderer behind the scenes - I got
all the delegates to fill their clipping boxes in different colours to
work out who the culprit was.

    Thomas> Go for it!

Okay then...

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA