[Biojava-l] missing class

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:02:38 +0100

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 09:49:32AM -0700, xuxian zhang wrote:
> Dear Sir:
>
> I would like to recompile biojava-live by myself in my
> local computer. Unfortunately, it seems missing
> several files in your source code, such as element,
> xmlpeerbuilder, saxexceiption. Maybe more. Would
> please help me to check all the classes. All these
> classes are not in your jar files.

BioJava requires an XML Parser (and all it's support
classes) to compile.  Before building the project,
you should get:

  xerces.jar    (The XML parser)
  bytecode.jar  (Java bytecode generator, used by parts of BioJava)
  jakarta-regexp.jar

Either of the BioJava build methods (old build tool, or ANT)
expect all these jar files to be present directly under
the biojava-live directory.

Let me know if you're still having trouble,

   Thomas.