[Biojava-l] SequencePanel revisited

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
04 Sep 2001 17:53:18 +0100

Hi folks,

I've been hacking away at the problem of Renderers drawing at high
sequence/graphics coordinates. I've written another implementation of
SequenceRenderContext which borrows code from SequencePanel (and a
concept from Artemis); it always draws from zero placed at the edge of
the visible area and uses a translation to offset the drawing frame up
and down a long sequence. The translation can be hooked up to a
scrollbar to get something indistinguishable from SequencePanel.

Any ideas on what to call it? TranslatedSequencePanel is a bit
misleading because the sequence is translated in the graphics sense,
not the biological sense, but it's the best I can think of right now.

As a bonus, it runs about 6x faster than SequencePanel. I'll check it
in when I've got the usual docs/demo package together.

cheers,

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA