[Biojava-l] (no subject)

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:31:43 +0100

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 05:52:40AM -0700, xin gong wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> I am very interested in participation of Biojava project.  I have five years biological chemistry research experience and two years programming experience with Java, c++ and Oracle database.  I would appreciate it if you could let me know hot to get involve in.

Hi.

BioJava is an open source (LGPL) project, and all contributions
of code and/or documentation are very welcome.  Which specific areas
of the field are you interested in?

If you want to add code to the project, it's best to start by
getting an up-to-date copy of the development code from our
CVS repository:

  http://cvs.biojava.org/

Any minor additions can just be sent to this mailing list.  If you
want to work on some more significant functionality, it's worth
sending a note to the list first -- you might get some interesting
discussion.

If you've got any questions about the code, just drop an e-mail
to either myself or the list.

Hope this helps,

    Thomas.