[Biojava-l] IndexedSequenceDB

SAMEER MOHTA s_mohta@yahoo.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 01:33:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thomas,
I have some doubt in Biojava. This is in regrad to
BioJava tutorials available on biojava.org
(http://www.biojava.org/tutorials/chap_iobasics.html)

Topic i am talking about is IndexedSequenceDB. I
didn't get what exactly the significance of
IndexedSequenceDB.
Does it mean that Database which is available in
FlatFile form, will be indexed by this process.If so,
then i didn't understood the process properly.
To be more precise, i want to know how to create
database, what is the input for database creation,
where exactly we use this database, how client program
access this database.Does this DB meant for searching
some sequences.
One thing more, Indexed DB and DB are different DBs or
it'z same ? what are the significance of these
databases.

thanks and warm rgds ...
sameer