[Biojava-l] servlet.sanger.ac.uk DAS server

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 21 May 2001 15:05:33 +0100

Hi David,

There is a server at http://servlet.ensembl.org/das/ that serves
transcripts (currently an ensembl transcript is nearly equivalent to an
EMBL CDS). You can translate this if you wish by using the magic:

SymbolList translation =
  RNATools.translate(
   RNATools.transcribe(
    transcript.getSymbols()));

where transcript is any transcript feature. You should be able to find
transcript features by doing something like:

FeatureHolder transcripts = chr.filter(
   new Filter.ByType("transcript),
   true // recurses through tree
);

Of course, this will find all transcripts on an entire chromosome which
will be expensive, but you get the idea.

Matthew