[Biojava-l] Unit tests

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
09 May 2001 16:24:34 +0100

Hi all,

I'm keen to set up unit tests for the core classes. A few bugs
surfaced at the bootcamp which we should have been aware of some time
ago (and I'm guilty of leaving a bug in the EMBL-like Location parser,
which I've just fixed).

Some ideas:

* Using JUnit will integrate with Ant

* Have a classloader which will find new tests by itself, so the suite
  will not need updating with each additional test

* A naming convention for test classes

Regarding adding new compile/build tasks to Ant, should the tests go
in the main source tree (e.g. src/org/biojava/test/*) or in a parallel
one? (e.g. test/org/biojava/test/*).

Similarly, in the ant-build directory should the source/classes be
copied by Ant into

ant-build/src/main/org...
ant-build/src/test/org...

or perhaps

ant-build/src/org...
ant-build/test/org...

Comments/ideas please.

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA