[Biojava-l] biojava object

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 09 May 2001 13:15:13 +0100

Hi Subba,

Take a look at the org.biojava.bio.seq.io package. There are some
interfaces and classes there that allow you to parse the three formats
you mention (and others). You can use the utility methods in SeqIOTools
to get instances of these parsers easily.

Once you have used a parser to make a Sequence instance, you can write a
program to dump out this information to a file in your own format. You
can use the methods inherited from the SymbolList interface to access
the raw sequence, and the methods inherited from FeatureHolder to access
the features. Lastly, annotation pertaining to the entire sequence can
be accessed by calling getAnnotation on the sequence and then looking
inside this Annotatable instance.

Does this help?

Matthew