[Biojava-l] Static Methods Classes

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:41:43 +1200

Hi,

I have noticed that biojava does not have many methods type classes for
common actions such as calculating GC or KL distance (relative entropy).

Is this a design decision? If not could I propose that some classes be made
with static methods that can be added to by anyone for doing such standard
calculations. For example I have been doing some calculations of KL Distance
which could be a static method for a methods class in the Distribution
package. DistributionMethods seems an intuitive name. Other classes could be
added to other packages as needed. I also have some methods I designed for
codon usage analysis in the dark ages before biojava which I may be able to
biojavarize.

Any comments?

Mark