[Biojava-l] biojava-corba build failing

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:24:04 -0500 (EST)

build is failing now because some interfaces have been extended and the
classes don't implement some of the new methods.  More importantly though
it looks like you are still using the old biocorba (v0.01) idl but we have
had a new idl for about 2 months (v0.02).  I'm happy to help here, I think
that Matthew did most of this earlier so I'd like for things to be
consistent.

biocorba idl is in cvs repository on bioperl.org /home/repository/bioperl
bioperl-corba-server/biocorba.idl
or
/home/repository/biocorba
biocorba-idls/biocorba.idl
(except this does not seem to be allowing anonymous access at this time)

I'd really like to be able to write some java bindings to the ensembl
corba interface as a proof that we can make a complete loop here.

Anyone interested in helping?  Getting the biojava-corba up to
biocorba-0.2 spec is a bug part of this!

Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Center for Human Genetics
Duke University Medical Center