[Biojava-l] Maintaining biojava on several machines

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:52:43 +1300

Hi,

What are peoples experiences with maintaining biojava on several machines??
I currently try and keep updated versions on just two machines (both
windows). But in the near future our group may need to install biojava on
quite a few Unix/Linux machines. Due to the rapidly (almost daily) changing
nature of biojava is it possible (or advisable) to keep all machines up to
date with CVS or would it be better to download the occasional snapshots
that come out?

Also in a networked system can biojava be accessed from just one server by
maybe RMI (I'm very much out of my depth here but suggestions are welcome).

Thanks

Mark