[Biojava-l] Build systems

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
05 Mar 2001 16:28:28 +0000

[...]

    Thomas> Have you actually tried it and found that you had to wait
    Thomas> 10 minutes?  Ant compares it's working copy of the source
    Thomas> tree against the main copy, and only rebuilds things that
    Thomas> have changed (it does a bit of dependancy checking, too).
    Thomas> After changing a few files I can normally recompile in ~10
    Thomas> seconds (on a 300Mhz laptop)

Cool. I didn't realise it was that clever. The initial build took that
long, but after that I went straight to searching for a way to rebuild
parts of the source tree. I expect if I just run it again it'll be
quicker than building a single package with the builder.

cheers,

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA