[Biojava-l] Build systems

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
05 Mar 2001 16:11:41 +0000

[...]

    Thomas> Right now, the one place ant is behind build.Builder is
    Thomas> that it doesn't do the nice grouping of packages in the
    Thomas> javadoc output.  I'll get that fixed in the next day or
    Thomas> two.

I've used both, but couldn't figure out how to get ant to do the
equivalent of

java build/Builder package foo

My development machine is a 150 MHz laptop, so this makes the
difference between a 30 second and a 10-15 minute wait for between
builds. The ant user manual wasn't very enlightening on this aspect.

Meanwhile, I've been continuing to use the builder with a local fix to
its config file. I would prefer to use ant, though.

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA