[Biojava-l] Compiling with Jikes

Bradley A. Smith bradley.smith@Agouron.COM
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 00:55:30 -0800

Here is a sample of some of the errors:

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 384 source files to
/home/basmith/tmp/biojava-1.10/ant-build/classes
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling
"/home/basmith/tmp/biojava-1.10/ant-build/src/org/biojava/bio/symbol/FiniteA
lphabet.java":
    [javac]
    [javac]     46. public interface FiniteAlphabet extends Alphabet {
    [javac]                          <----------------------------->
    [javac] *** Error: The interface "org/biojava/bio/symbol/FiniteAlphabet"
is circularly defined with its super type(s).
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 2 semantic errors compiling
"/home/basmith/tmp/biojava-1.10/ant-build/src/org/biojava/bio/symbol/Alphabe
t.java":
    [javac]
    [javac]     42. public interface Alphabet extends Annotatable {
    [javac]                          <-------------------------->
    [javac] *** Error: The interface "org/biojava/bio/symbol/Alphabet" is
circularly defined with its super type(s).
    [javac]
    [javac]
    [javac]    163.   static final Alphabet EMPTY_ALPHABET = new
EmptyAlphabet();
    [javac]
<---------------------------------->
    [javac] *** Error: The type of the left-hand side in this assignment,
"org/biojava/bio/symbol/Alphabet", is not compatible with the type of the
right-hand side expression, "org/biojava/bio/symbol/Alphabet$EmptyAlphabet".
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling
"/home/basmith/tmp/biojava-1.10/ant-build/src/org/biojava/bio/symbol/Fundame
ntalAtomicSymbol.java":
    [javac]
    [javac]     62.     return new SingletonAlphabet(this);
    [javac] *** Error: The type of this return expression,
"org/biojava/bio/symbol/SingletonAlphabet", does not match the return type
of the method, "org/biojava/bio/symbol/Alphabet".

Thanks,
  Bradley