[Biojava-l] Compiling with Jikes

Ann Loraine loraine@loraine.net
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 00:19:23 -0800 (PST)

What sort of errors did you get?

Were they complaints about accessing static (final?) class data fields
using instance variables?

e.g.,

Foo foo = new foo();
int x = foo.x;

(where x is a class variable)

The Sun compiler (last time I used it .. which was ages ago :-) lets this
pass, but other compilers are stricter and report an error.

-Ann
---

Ann E. Loraine
http://www.loraine.net