[Biojava-l] Parser tidying

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:25:49 +0000

Hi...

I've made a few changes to the FeatureTableParser class, which
is used in EMBL, Genbank, and Swissprot parsing.  The biggest
change is that it now makes proper use of the
SeqIOListener.addFeatureProperty() method.  It now fits together
properly with the rest of the newio code, and looks a lot cleaner.
Phew.

The other important change is that Matthew checked in a new
FuzzyLocation class this morning, and I've altered the
parsing code to construct these.  We're now in a much better
position to model all the wierd locations you sometimes get
in EMBL/Genbank files, but the parser still needs a little more
work before we're really up to speed.

The updated code passed all the simple tests I had available,
but let me know if you do spot any problems.

   Thomas.