[Biojava-l] Boot Camp

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:24:26 +0000

Hi folks,

I've been working on the organizational stuff for our boot camp. The
dates are finalized for 23-27 April. The first 2-3 days will be
tutorials and the rest of the week will be for people that want to sit
in a dark room with laptops, crappy food & cola while programming the
world to rights. Feel free to come to one half or the other. If you can
only make so many trips to Europe this year, then please chose ISMB
instead - you will meet a wider range of informatics people there.

Do you or your organization use BioJava? Are you keen to tell us about
it? Do you use other Java code for your sequence pipeline, web site or
to play pac-man? There will be time available within the first 2 days
for you to present this, along with your loves & hates of BioJava to the
attendees. Come on - otherwise you will have to hear me talking for 2
days solid. Also, if you are a code/demos contributor, I'd love for you
to do a tutorial (1/2 hour upwards) on your bit.

If you are keen to present something, then please mail me soon. If
present and you are accademic then we may be able to sort out a
contribution towards flights/accomododation - not bad pay for talking
for 1/2 hour.

Yours hopefully,

Matthew