[Biojava-l] CVS

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:05:32 -0500

Yes, with Forte it is the same, you have to have no password.  But that sort
of defeats the point, as Jason pointed out to me.  I guess I will go back to
Cygwin/Bash, that was what I was using originally.  I did notice that if I
started the IDE with a console, that I could enter my password on the
console, but that is a pain, might as well just do stuff from command line.

I was just messing around with the IDE, wanted it to work right, sorry for
all the noise!

Thanks to Jason and Kris for the offline help...

-Mat

-----Original Message-----
From: Emig, Robin [mailto:Robin.Emig@maxygen.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 6:06 PM
To: 'Wiepert, Mathieu'; 'Schreiber, Mark'; 'biojava-l@biojava.org'
Subject: RE: [Biojava-l] CVS

	For JBuilder, you have to set up an external CVS tool (such as those
found in www.cygwin.com) and set up the authentication in such a way that
when you run the cvs tool, it doesn't ask you for passwords. This can be
done with ssh keys, but may be a little hard to setup since biojava is using
ssh.com software and cygwin uses openssh. Once you have the cvs tool working
without requiring passwords everything works like a charm.
-Robin
P.S. using the command line tool included in cygwin are pretty easy, and if
you are on linux cvs should be already installed.