[Biojava-l] Re: Experimental DAS 1.900 implementation / biodas code on our servers

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:47:52 -0400

Thanks for clarifying that Jason!

Jason is dead right. A long time ago we decided for security reasons
(nobody trusts cvs pserver that much..) that all anonymous cvs access
would have to be via a standalone box. Hence the cvs.bio{whatever}.org
hostnames.

Regarding getting Biodas.org sorted -- I've done as much as I can with
GID/account creation, apache vhosts and whatnot. Lincoln has already
started cvs init'ing codebase repositories. I'm waiting now for the DNS
stuff to happen. I can't really set up mailing lists, cvs.biodas.org or
even the web cvs stuff without working DNS...well actually I could set
them up but it would not be all that useful :) I understand via Lincoln
that DNS changes are in progres.

Regards,
Chris