[Biojava-l] Blast-like SAX parser - HMMER support

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:02:37 +0100

Dear All,

We've finally got around to adding pretty full support for parsing HMMER
output in the BlastLikeSAXParser.  Specifically, HmmerSearch and
HmmerPfam.  It should just work out of the box - i.e. you throw HMMER
output at the BlastLikeSAXParser, and it should deal with it.

As a consequence, we've made some minor changes to the DTD relating to
dealing properly with hmmer output.  Whilst we were doing this, we also
incorporated:

o Keith's suggestions on the list (with one minor difference discussed
off-line).
o Added a bitScore attribute (from a request at the last biojava
bootcamp) (the blast parsers don't report this yet, but they will...)

We don't think the changes to the DTD break anything that has gone
before - shout if they do.

Simon
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.