[Biojava-l] java or perl?

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:28:41 -0400 (EDT)

There is an AceDB adaptor in perl that Lincoln Stein wrote - you may want
to check it out as I think it will help you get started.
http://stein.cshl.org/AcePerl/

We have functionality in bioperl for reading sequences from AceDB files,
but not a whole lot else since there is all the necessary functionality in
the AcePerl package.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 Reynoldsvt@aol.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am just getting in the bioinformatics field, and I am wondering if easier
> to design programs to perform bioinformatics task in java or perl.  I have
> visited both biojava, and bioperl, and am not sure where to begin.
>
> Specifically I am interesting in writing a program which queries the ACEDB as
> I am compliling information for my own speicialized C. Elegans database.  I
> was wondering which biojava package contained the java classes that would
> allow me to do this.  I couldn't seem to locate the...your help would be
> greatly appreciated...
>
> thanks
>
> Dave

Jason Stajich