[Biojava-l] java or perl?

Reynoldsvt@aol.com Reynoldsvt@aol.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:04:28 EDT

--part1_11c.1630a6a.287b4c2c_boundary

Hi

I am just getting in the bioinformatics field, and I am wondering if easier
to design programs to perform bioinformatics task in java or perl.  I have
visited both biojava, and bioperl, and am not sure where to begin.

Specifically I am interesting in writing a program which queries the ACEDB as
I am compliling information for my own speicialized C. Elegans database.  I
was wondering which biojava package contained the java classes that would
allow me to do this.  I couldn't seem to locate the...your help would be
greatly appreciated...

thanks

Dave

--part1_11c.1630a6a.287b4c2c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hi
<BR>
<BR>I am just getting in the bioinformatics field, and I am wondering if easier
<BR>to design programs to perform bioinformatics task in java or perl. &nbsp;I have
<BR>visited both biojava, and bioperl, and am not sure where to begin.
<BR>
<BR>Specifically I am interesting in writing a program which queries the ACEDB as
<BR>I am compliling information for my own speicialized C. Elegans database. &nbsp;I
<BR>was wondering which biojava package contained the java classes that would
<BR>allow me to do this. &nbsp;I couldn't seem to locate the...your help would be
<BR>greatly appreciated...
<BR>
<BR>thanks
<BR>