[Biojava-l] biojava-live no longer builds (?)

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:50:59 +0000

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 11:26:04AM +0000, Keith James wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> There seems to be a bit of a problem with classes using
> xml.jar. Despite having it in my classpath, anything requiring classes
> within it can't find them e.g.

I don't think you've broken anything -- we supposedly don't have
any code in the project which depends on xml.jar any more -- we
switched to using Xerces-J (xerces.jar) a while back.

Mike -- would you mind changing the proteomics code to use
xerces for parsing it's XML files?  It should only be a couple
of lines of change.

The build system doesn't pay much attention to your CLASSPATH
environment variable -- it's specified in build.xml (if you're
using ANT) or build/Builder.props (if you're using the old build
system).  If you need to get things compiling, I'd just add in xml.jar
there...

Hope this helps,

     Thomas.