[Biojava-l] sample code information is needed

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:02:36 +0000

On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 11:11:29PM -0800, Bruce Ling wrote:

> One general comment: bioperl seems to have more functionality than biojava.
> Has biojava thought about converting most of the bioperl functionality into
> java?

That's true (although, to be fair, there is also functionality
in BioJava which bioperl doesn't do yet).  We ought to be able
to port the code for some of this missing functionality pretty
easily -- seems like a logical task to have running in the
background at the bootcamp (planned for a couple of months'
time).

Of course, if anyone wants to start converting their favourite
perl modules before then, that's fine too...

``If I was going to carry a large axe on my back to a diplomatic
function I think I'd want it glittery too.''
           -- Terry Pratchett