[Biojava-l] Updated to Xerces 1.3.0

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:42:19 +0000

Hi...

I've just updated the xerces.jar included in the biojava-live
project to version 1.3.0.  This has some new features which will
be helpful in the DAS client, and also has much better XML Schema
support than previous releases.

I've done some testing on my Linux box which should cover pretty
much all the XML code in biojava, and everything is still running
well.  But let me know if there are problems on other platforms.

NB. The project will still work with Xerces 1.2.x as well (although
    there may be problems connecting to certain DAS servers).  We
    don't want any absolute dependancies on Xerces 1.3 features
    until after the biojava 1.1 release is out.

NB^2.  I'm planning to build a biojava-1.1pre1 on Monday, unless
       we run into trouble before then.