[Biojava-l] acedb

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:27:17 +0000

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 03:20:14PM +0000, Mick Watson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Any plans to write a tutorial, or even provide some sample code, for the
> biojava acedb package?

A tutorial would be a great idea.  The main issue, as with all
of these things, is time constraints.  I'll see what I can do
after the 1.1 release is out of the way.

In the mean time, if you've got any questions please send them
to the list.

There is a little bit of existing demo code in the demos
directory of the biojava-acedb project:

   http://cvs.biojava.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biojava-acedb/demos/?cvsroot=biojava

(I've also got various scripts which could possibly be tidied up
for release at some point).

Incidentally, the status of the ACeDB packages:

  - The basic object model (org.acedb) seems to be working
    pretty well.

  - The socket client (org.acedb.socket) is stable.

  - The bridge from ACeDB to BioJava sequences is rather limited,
    and makes (possibly false) assumptions about the AceDB model
    you're using.  It also needs a revamp to use some new 1.1
    features.

Hope this helps,

    Thomas.