[Biojava-l] Error in AlphabetManager.xml

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:52:53 +0000

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:56:51AM -0500, Simon Foote wrote:
> There's an error in the AlphabetManager.xml file which will causes the
> parsing of Genbank DNA containing the ambiguity symbol "m" to fail.
>
> The cause is the ambiguity symbol "k" which is mis-identified. It should
> read as follows and not as "cytosine adenine".
>
>       <ambiguityMapping char="k">
>         <symbolref name="guanine" />
>         <symbolref name="thymine" />
>       </ambiguityMapping>

Okay, this is now fixed in CVS (usual caveat: might take an
hour or so to propogate to the anonymous CVS server).

Thanks for spotting this!

[I found a table and checked the rest of the mappings just
to be sure -- hope it's right now...]

   Thomas.