[Biojava-l] BlastLikeSAXParser-question

Petri Pehkonen pehkonen@hytti.uku.fi
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:33:59 +0200 (WET)

Hi,

I get the XML-code wich parser makes and noticed that the parser leaves
the RawOutput-part from the Header-part out when no hits found. When hits
found the XML-code looks like this:

----------------------
<biojava:Header>
      <biojava:RawOutput xml:space="preserve">Reference: Altschul, Stephen
F., Thomas L. Madden, Alejandro A. Schaffer, Jinghui Zhang, Zheng Zhang,
Webb Miller, and David J. Lipman (1997), "Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a
new genera..........
----------------------

And when no hits found XML-code looks like this:

----------------------
<biojava:BlastLikeDataSet program="ncbi-blastn"
                            version="2.0.11">
    <biojava:Header></biojava:Header>
    <biojava:BlastLikeDataSet program="ncbi-blastn"
                              version="2.0.11">
      <biojava:Header></biojava:Header>
      <biojava:BlastLikeDataSet program="ncbi-blastn"
                                version="2.0.11">
        <biojava:Header></biojava:Header>
        <biojava:BlastLikeDataSet program="ncbi-blastn"
                                  version="2.0.11">
          <biojava:Header></biojava:Header>..........

So the space between Header-tags is empty now. How to force the parser
to take the RawOutput-part from "No hits"-sequences with it? Then I could
get the queries with no hits.

-Petri Pehkonen-